WHAT IS ATHLEISURE WEAR?
I have a couple of outfits I wear to the gym that will NEVER be seen anywhere else but the gym. They are super functional, but I would not go to pick up my groceries in them. For this month’s design challenge I want to design an outfit that could be worn to the gym, out to run errands or out for coffee with friends.
Athleisure wear is just that clothing that can be worn in the gym but is stylish enough to be worn outside of the gym as well. I work out three mornings a week with my trainer Jez and a fabulous group of ladies at The Training Den. It would be good to know if I need to nip out to grab some milk on the way home that I do not need to wear a full-length coat to hide my workout thighs…whoops I meant tights. There have been a couple of occasions when I have been training with friends (hey Deb and Jen) and we have gone out to coffee after the workout. It would be nice not to be self-conscious of what I am wearing. So this challenge will solve these problems by filling the hole in athleisure hole in my wardrobe.
Here are the requirements for the athleisure wear challenge:
- I need to design one entire outfit in the athleisure wear category.
- The outfit must have at least two pieces. I am not wearing a onesie to the gym or out to coffee. No one needs to see that.
- The garments must fit me.
- They must use appropriate fabrics like those with high-performance materials, high stretch knits, or sweatshirt material depending on the garment.
- I must try harder to make the two designs that viewers/readers can vote on different from each other. Normally I am a tad bit to conservative. I will try to design one outfit that is more adventurous to push myself as a designer.
- I will try to record a lot of the behind the scenes things on SnapChat, Periscope, and MeVee as well as post progress on Duelling Designs social media challenges so I can get the opinions of as many people as possible.
WHAT IS NEXT
I am working on my sketches for this challenge right now. I am going to discuss the designs on Periscope and MeVee on Monday nights to ensure I get as much fabulous feedback as I can. I will post the final designs for you to vote on by Thursday, February 4th, 2016 at 8:30 pm EST.
Thank you for all your comments and feedback you make this blog so much fun for me! I hope you like it too.